Our client is a boutique digital creative agency based in sunny Oakland, California, with a client roster including Google, YouTube, Coinbase, Salesforce, Survey Monkey, and many more.
From a humble beginning — two creatives at a kitchen table — they’ve grown into a 65-person team that’s designed beautiful interactive experiences for a wide range of cool brands.
Please note our client prefers to hire fulltime creatives for these remote roles but they are also open to long term freelance contracts with a 40 hr/week commitment. You must have flexibility to work on a PST schedule when needed.
About the role
As an Interactive Designer you’ll be responsible for creating beautiful digital experiences from concept to final execution. You’ll collaborate with other designers, copywriters, creative leads, project managers, and developers to create highly-polished, innovative web experiences that people love to use.
What you’ll be doing
- Come up with smart, groundbreaking interactive concepts that meet client objectives, whether that’s for websites, landing pages, email campaigns, and so on.
- Design those concepts to a beautiful, highly polished level using responsive design principles. Some of your designs will have to work within existing brand style guides, while other designs will require an entirely unique visual approach.
- Work closely with creative leads, other designers, writers, and project managers.
- Work with developers to ensure the final build reflects your design vision
- Help define and enforce style guidelines for the projects you work on
- A polished interactive design portfolio that contains stunning web and mobile designs for consumer-facing brands.
- BA/BS degree in a design-related discipline (e.g., interaction design, graphic design, visual communications, product design)
- 4+ years of experience in a related field
- Must have experience at either an interactive design agency or an in-house creative department for a well-respected brand.
- Proficient with industry standard design tools and practices (e.g. Photoshop, Sketch, Illustrator, After Effects).
- Deep experience with responsive design.
- The ability to prototype your designs (light animations, interaction examples) is a plus.
Due to the high volume of inquiries we are receiving, we can only get back to the candidates who meet the requirements above and present a complete portfolio showcasing most recent work samples including websites and digital marketing campaigns.