This is a leadership role at frog's Austin studio where Design Directors are equivalent to Creative Directors in other studios/agencies. You’ll be joining the “pond,” a global network of studios, each with a thriving in-person and vibrant virtual culture. frogs are curious, collaborative, and courageous, united by our passion for improving the human experience through design, while each bringing our unique and diverse skills and experiences to the table.
This role is currently remote and is expected to be onsite when it's deemed safe to return to the office. Relocation is provided.
You are expected to help frog grow its reputation, business and people through Project Leadership, Design Leadership & Management, and Business/Account Development.
You will oversee 2-3 projects at a time, or act as a day-to-day engagement leader, (sometimes with Executive Director oversight on key strategic accounts) and guide teams of designers, technologists, program managers and strategists. You will build relationships with clients while advising and supporting the frog project team. You will work across every stage of the project lifecycle to ensure that the concepts and design decisions are sensitive to both the needs of users and our clients’ businesses.
- Lead or oversee multiple project teams to achieve the highest level of performance without compromising timelines and team harmony.
- Set craft quality standards, with a deep understanding of the client’s goals, business requirements and constraints, for qualitative foundational & evaluative research, insight articulation, experience model development (e.g. customer journeys, behavioral archetypes, service blueprints, etc.), design and testing.
- Lead teams to develop insights, define and prioritize opportunity areas, and envision concepts
- Lead teams to create meaningful customer/user feedback loops through build test & learn cycles
- You will collaborate on business development efforts with our BD Team and fellow discipline leaders - crafting approaches, writing proposals, and presenting to prospective clients.
- 9+ years of professional human centered design ‘thinking & doing’ consulting experience with specific experience in one or more areas of the product development lifecycle, as a Visual Designer, IXD, Service Designer, Product Designer, Design Strategist or Experience Designer.
- Proficiency with contemporary research, design and prototyping tools and methods
- Affinity with frog’s values, and a passion for creating products that meet peoples functional and emotional needs
- An outstanding track record as a design leader and contributor for experience strategies, design systems, products, services and customer experiences that delight customers/users and achieve business results
- High peer, end-user, or client satisfaction with the work products that you created.
- Strong leadership and collaboration skills, with the ability to guide high performing teams using persuasion and influence (rather than command and control)
- Strong presentation and storytelling skills
- Willingness to travel for research, project delivery, and client meetings
- Business level ability in English