Our client is a boutique digital creative agency based in California and you will join a talented remote team consisting of 85 people spread out all over the US and the Americas. You will work with globally celebrated brands creating digital campaigns and websites used by millions of people.
This is a fulltime and remote role that can be located anywhere in the Americas, as long as you’re within 3 hours of the Pacific Time Zone.
About the role
As an Associate Creative Director (or Design Lead), you’ll be ultimately responsible for creating beautiful digital experiences from concept to final execution. You’ll oversee a team of designers and copywriters to create innovative web experiences that people love to use.
The work ranges from large-scale websites to smaller microsites and single pages. They also do plenty of email, social, and display ad campaigns, plus brand identity work (logo design and naming).
What you’ll be doing
- Provide day-to-day creative leadership to teams of senior designers and copywriters.
- Lead your team to create smart, groundbreaking interactive concepts that meet client objectives, whether that’s for websites, landing pages, email campaigns, and so on.
- Provide creative oversight to ensure your team’s output is highly polished. Some of your projects will have to work within existing brand style guides, while other projects will require an entirely unique visual approach.
- When needed, roll up your sleeves and create polished designs yourself.
- Present creative work to clients.
- Be very flexible and adaptable to client feedback.
- Work closely with project managers to ensure your project stays on schedule and on budget.
- Work with developers to ensure the final build reflects your team’s design vision
- Help define and enforce style guidelines for the projects you work on
- A polished interactive design portfolio that contains stunning web and mobile designs for consumer-facing brands.
- BA/BS degree in a design-related discipline (e.g., interaction design, graphic design, visual communications, product design)
- 8-10 years of experience in a related field. Must have experience at either an interactive design agency or an in-house creative department for a well-respected brand.
- Experience leading a creative team
- High comfort level with creating presentation decks, presenting work to clients, and working with clients to address their feedback
- Proficient with industry standard design tools and practices (e.g. Photoshop, Sketch, Illustrator, After Effects).
- Deep experience with responsive design.
- Must be self-motivated to prioritize and manage workload and meet project deadlines.
- The willingness to accept constructive creative feedback from your executive creative directors, peers, and clients, and to come up with smart solutions that address that feedback.
Compensation & Benefits
- A competitive salary
- 5 weeks of annual paid time off (includes sick time, vacation, and a weeklong closure between Christmas and New Year’s)
- 9 paid national holidays
- Health benefits including medical, dental, vision, and an employee assistance program
- Annual performance bonus depending on individual and company performance
- Matching 401(K) contributions of up to 4% of annual salary, vested immediately.
- Equipment reimbursement of up to $1,500 (laptop, etc)
- Fully-remote work is now the normal model. If employees prefer to work at an office space in their area, the cost of a shared office space (WeWork, etc.) will be covered.
Please be advised that the benefits are offered to only US-based candidates who meet certain eligibility criteria.
Due to the high volume of inquiries we are receiving, we can only get back to candidates who present a complete portfolio showcasing recent work samples including websites and digital marketing campaigns for consumer-facing brands in tech and lifestyle categories.