Our client is a boutique digital creative agency based in sunny Oakland, California, with a client roster including Google, Salesforce, YouTube, Chronicle, Waymo, Constellation Brands, and more.
From a humble beginning — two creatives at a kitchen table — they’ve grown into a 50-person team that’s designed beautiful interactive experiences for a wide range of cool brands.
This role offers an open-ended, long term contract with 40hrs/week and extra pay for additional hours. Plus benefits and sick time!
About the role
As an Associate Creative Director (o rDesign Lead), you’ll be ultimately responsible for creating beautiful digital experiences from concept to final execution. You’ll oversee a team of designers and copywriters to create innovative web experiences that people love to use.
The work ranges from large-scale websites to smaller microsites and single pages. They also do plenty of email, social, and display ad campaigns, plus brand identity work (logo design and naming).
This is initially an hourly W2 role that can be located anywhere in the US or Canada. We had mastered the art of working remotely since long before Corona meant anything other than a tasty beverage, so much of your work will be with team members located across North America.
What you’ll be doing
- Provide day-to-day creative leadership to teams of senior designers and copywriters.
- Lead your team to create smart, groundbreaking interactive concepts that meet client objectives, whether that’s for websites, landing pages, email campaigns, and so on.
- Provide creative oversight to ensure your team’s output is highly polished. Some of your projects will have to work within existing brand style guides, while other projects will require an entirely unique visual approach.
- When needed, roll up your sleeves and create polished designs yourself.
- Present creative work to clients.
- Be very flexible and adaptable to client feedback.
- Work closely with project managers to ensure your project stays on schedule and on budget.
- Work with developers to ensure the final build reflects your team’s design vision
- Help define and enforce style guidelines for the projects you work on
- A polished interactive design portfolio that contains stunning web and mobile designs for consumer-facing brands.
- BA/BS degree in a design-related discipline (e.g., interaction design, graphic design, visual communications, product design)
- 8-10 years of experience in a related field. Must have experience at either an interactive design agency or an in-house creative department for a well-respected brand.
- Experience leading a creative team
- High comfort level with creating presentation decks, presenting work to clients, and working with clients to address their feedback
- Proficient with industry standard design tools and practices (e.g. Photoshop, Sketch, Illustrator, After Effects).
- Deep experience with responsive design.
- Must be self-motivated to prioritize and manage workload and meet project deadlines.
- The willingness to accept constructive creative feedback from your executive creative directors, peers, and clients, and to come up with smart solutions that address that feedback.
Due to the high volume of inquiries we are receiving, we can only get back to candidates who present a complete portfolio showcasing most recent work samples including websites and digital marketing campaigns for consumer facing brands in tech and lifestyle categories.